Pages

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I GET IT!

As I was looking back over my journal entries this month, I saw that I had felt inadequate in some areas of caring for my son.  I repented and said to God, "Can we start OVER AGAIN?" This was on Oct. 3rd.  The nurses that come in each week were making me feel overwhelmed by all they expected me to do!

Now looking in hind-sight, I believe God answered my prayer immediately and got the ball rolling, since that I had FINALLY relinquished my control over the matter, as I was not getting anywhere my way!  Not that He brings sickness; but He brings us through it and we become better and whole; of which both my son and I are in the process of wholeness!

With the fact that my son has been a quadriplegic since 1994, when he fell backwards off porch 2 ft. due to a seizure and hurt his spine.  With all these years of not being able to have much movement, his bowels have suffered immensely! We have spent years of treating constipation. Now this was all coming to a head, by my son appearing to be sick, however, not knowing how very sick he was!

Now after 3 weeks of being here in the hospital, I can talk about it. We actually have no way of knowing how long he has had a bowel obstruction.  But God just let everything fall into place , with different tests being given, and put an amazing team of doctors together for his best interest!  On Oct. 21st he had surgery, a colonoscopy and it turned out even better than they had hoped for. 

Now (this week) we are just waiting to be discharged, as he is eating now and keeping it down.  SO, we are starting a new chapter in our lives.  Can't you just see a HEALTHIER  diet in the plan for both of us?  But that's another blog post!

I simply never pass tests with flying colors like I see so many do!  I tend to worry, waver in my faith and be absolutely reluctant to change!  I just thank God for His Great Mercy towards me!  "It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is Thy faithfulness."  Lam. 3:22-23

I have such a large community of friends and family that I have made contact with especially on FB.  My personal chatgroup of Flybabies,  my morning accountability group, Hello Mornings  my Hide His Word group.  The list really goes on and on! Then there are the personal ones that contribute into my life with their posts; it might be a verse, a quote, a picture, a blog. But it all speaks volumes to me and daily nurtures my very soul!  SECRETS OUT!  I SPEND A LITTLE TOO MUCH TIME ON THE INTERNET!  Lol!

Why I started to list groups was because of the overwhelming response of prayers and wellwishes for us from so many who I so lovingly look up to!  My own church, Tabernacle Of PraiseCOGIC, whose prayers have literally sustained me!  Oh how they KNOW ME!  What a mess I am when it comes to my son!

I started this post on the 23rd of October.  We spent  3 weeks, 4 days in hospital.  We left on the 29th. He had made such progress after surgery and has continued to do so since we have been home this past week,  GOD IS SO FAITHFUL!  We are both sleep deprived, but it is so great to be home in our "NEW NORMAL!"

I titled this post "I GET IT!" because God has been speaking to me loud and clear all through this experience, showing me myself for real!  It seems to me like He FINALLY was able to get my full attention!  I can say like Job said,  "I have heard of Thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth Thee."  Job 42:5   But now I do really get it!  God just wants our all; heart, soul, mind and body.  He wants to be my 1st priority! It's just not as hard as I have been making it!

My son got a new bowel construction.  I got a new heart surgery from the Master Surgeon!  I have a new lease on my life, added purpose and a fresh recommitment!  I simply intend to SHOW GOD how very greatful I am!

12 comments:

  1. What a precious testimony you have shared here, Helen! May the Lord richly bless you and your son. Thank you so much for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The privilege is mine Dianna! What a journey! Thankyou so much for listening! I appreciate your comment!

      Delete
    2. Amen! And ditto! :)

      Delete
    3. Thankyou Joyce! How good to see you HERE! Always see the big things you are doing over there! You are an amazing wife & mom!

      Delete
  2. Lord Jesus,
    I just pray your special strength and comfort over Helen right now and in the coming months. I pray for a swift and mighty healing for her son. May they both experience your presence in their lives like never before. Help her, Lord as she cares for her son and meets every obligation in her life. Draw her nearer to you, that she may feel renewed in her spirit and restored in her faith as she witnesses answers to her many prayers. Thank you for loving Helen and being her constant companion and comforter. In Jesus' name, Amen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou my friend, Debbie Dillon for your beautiful prayer. I am going to copy it in my journal to keep me focused!

      Delete
  3. Shout it from the roof tops my friend! Look what the Lord has done. Thankful for the healing in your son, and the healing in your heart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you have been such a friend to be in prayer for us through this! Thankyou from the bottom of my heart!

      Delete
  4. You're doing a great job showing God how grateful you are, Helen. Love this post and your honesty. I'm so thankful your son is improving (for both your sakes!). You are such an inspiration.

    Love these words:
    "I have a new lease on my life, added purpose and a fresh recommitment!"
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lisa for always encouraging me! God is so much more than a God of a 2nd chance, at least with me!

      Delete
  5. Sister Tisdale your testimony has touched my heart in more then one way, I do not follow blogs because I find myself getting lost and cant keep up, I was surfing the web and stumbled on your blog and I am all in tears as I read you are and always will be a women of God one to admire. I HAVE LEARNED lot from you and and ALL at Tabernacle of Priase, for that is where my roots come from. I think I am now a follower of your blog why because I know I well learn alot because I know the kind of teacher you are I was in your classes at church years ago lol I maybe miles away but I feel like I'm still there! Thanks for sharing love you Pamela Fort Worth Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis. Pam! Your words mean so much to me! Our bond from Tabernacle Of Praise will always be dear to me, as you and your family have meant so much to me! I am so greatful for being in contact with you through FB. Love hearing of what you and Carl & anyone else in your sweet family is doing! God bless you! You make me proud girl!

      Delete